Ario is looking to hire a Marketing Director who will be in charge of leading the company's marketing efforts. As a successful hire, you will be on the ground floor of a high growth startup where you will be intimately involved in all aspects of creating and executing our marketing strategy.
We are looking for a marketing professional who will embrace this challenge and be responsible for providing guidance to our marketing efforts by evaluating and developing marketing strategies, planning and coordinating marketing programs, communicating the marketing plans to those involved, and building awareness and positioning for our company brand. We expect to leverage social media for most aspects of our marketing efforts so you will be leading these efforts. You will also be working closely with our sales department to generate qualified sales leads and develop a pricing strategy that will help us maximize profits and market share. Finally, you will be in charge of organizing company conferences, trade shows, and major events.
To be considered for this position, you will need to be able to work out of our Norfolk, VA Headquarters, and need a bachelor's degree in business, marketing or communications. You will also need to have proven experience in building a marketing team and marketing campaigns. High competency in project and stakeholder management is a huge advantage.
About Ario Technologies Inc.
Ario is a recognized leader in the emerging new Gartner category of Field Service Management. Specializing in worker training and maintenance solutions, the Ario platform, provides an easy way to capture and share expert knowledge in complicated work environments. This includes the Ario Enterprise mobile application, Ario Connect (augmented reality video calling; remote expert mobile application) and the Ario Web Portal for content creation and management.
Headquartered in Norfolk, VA and Founded in 2016, Ario Technologies, Inc. set out to empower the industrial workforce via the sale of augmented reality software tools. Having seen an increase in demand for the Ario platform, from Fortune 500 companies and recently the United States Air Force, the company is building its prospect pipeline globally and is hiring to meet demand.
- Overseeing all things corporate marketing (this position will be aligned with Product Marketing)
- Evaluating and developing our marketing strategy and marketing plan
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all marketing efforts.
- Researching both our competitors and demand channels for our products and services
- Working with sales and product marketing to develop pricing strategies that maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction
- Demand generation and sales lead qualification as needed to identify potential customers
- Understanding and developing budgets and finance, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment (ROI) and profit-loss projections
- Developing and managing advertising campaigns
- Building brand awareness and positioning with both customers and analysts
- Coordinating marketing projects from start to finish
- Organizing company conferences, trade shows, and major events
- Overseeing social media marketing strategy and content marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in marketing and running a marketing team
- Proven marketing campaign experience
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong copywriting skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience with digital marketing forms such as social media marketing and content marketing
- Experience with analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Experience with digital advertising platforms such as Google AdWords or similar
- Competency in both Salesforce CRM, Google Suite and Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
What Will Make You a Successful Marketing Director at Ario?
This is a startup software company. We have a huge market opportunity with customer validated technology that provides immediate value to our customers (this stuff works as advertised today). We are a small company having just completed our first institutional fund raise and now employing 12 people. As this is our first marketing hire, we want to hire a person who will embrace this type of workplace and thrive in this type of “early stage growth” role.
Ideally this hire will be located within a 1 hour drive of Norfolk, VA as we believe in the power of teamwork and being on site for most days every week will be required. We think this will be key to everyone’s success as we ramp the annual revenues and build our brand as needed to plot our market share expansion.
This is a salaried position with an equity component. Salary range $80-125k (commensurate with experience)
We’re located in downtown Norfolk, VA with 15th floor views of the Norfolk Harbor and plenty of windows and sunlight. Located steps from the Norfolk Tide Light Rail you’ll find coming and going from our headquarters easy, but if you prefer to drive we provide paid parking onsite. Our location is immensely walk-able to countless restaurants and venues.
We’ll hook you up with a brand new Macbook or PC. We want you to be healthy and happy. We offer health insurance options (and we’ll even pay for part of it!), a gym membership and 3 weeks off to start.
Ario is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.