As a Senior Android Developer on our team, you will create one of a kind experiences using ARCore and leading and serve as the primary technical leader for Ario Android products. You will have the opportunity to create world-class applications in the exciting, emerging field of augmented reality. We’re a growing startup, so we’re looking for someone that will take complete ownership of launching our Android initiatives and is also willing to be a thought-leader in the augmented reality industry. Our preferred candidate will work out of our headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia where the waterfront meets business. It’s a wonderful location to live, work and play.
- Develop and support high-quality, polished, and reliable Android AR frameworks and applications
- Work closely with designers to implement features and functionality
- Implement engaging tools for AR at supervisor/team direction and client feedback
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization automatization, and integration.
- 3-5 years of native android 3D graphics programming. OpenGL, importing models, setting up animations, customizing lighting, physically based rendering.
- 1+ year working with ARCore inside native Android applications.
- Some experience working with APIs, familiarization with sending authorization tokens and pulling data
- Familiarity or capability to quickly learn sceneform. Google recently released it, so recent experience with this is ok
- Proven track record of writing structured, well documented and maintainable code. Please provide code samples for review.
- Experience working with artists and creators
- Those who can architect and handle end-to-end delivery of a complex Android project that involves ARCore + OpeGL/sceneform
- Experience packaging an existing android codebase into a shareable library
- Tech lead and has mentored junior devs. As we grow, you will likely work with new hires and also contracting resources so it’s good if you are able to break up a complicated engineering task into sections and delegate some aspects.
What Will Make You Successful at Ario?
You have a passion for emerging technology. You’re infinitely curious. You have a sense of humor; we all love a good laugh. You believe in the potential in everyone. You like to collaborate and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We’re located in downtown Norfolk, VA with 16th floor views of the Norfolk Harbor and plenty of windows and sunlight. Located steps from the Norfolk Tide Light Rail you’ll find coming and going from our headquarters easy, but if you prefer to drive we provide paid parking onsite. Our location is immensely walkable to countless restaurants and venues. We want you to be comfortable and have the tools you need to succeed. We’ll hook you up with a brand new Macbook or PC. We’ll also provide one of those nifty standing desks if you’d like. We want you to be healthy and happy. We offer health insurance options (and we’ll even pay for part of it!), a gym membership and 3 weeks off to start. Through the co-working space we participate in you’ll have access to a podcast booth, showers, local fresh-brewed coffee, wellness/ mother’s room and more.
Ario is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Ario is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Interested? Let's talk!