Version 2021.0.0 - This download is for RealWear devices only.
*Note: RealWear does not support augmented reality. This application does support video calling and chat.
Release notes for Version 2021.0.0 - Released March 11, 2021
- If you get a call and Connect is open on multiple devices, the ringing will stop on all devices once you pick up the call
- When you switch between organizations and groups, things will look different, but better
- You can now create your account and profile right in the app
- We’re introducing “Ario Support.” Here, you’ll be able to report bugs, gather FAQs and chat with the Ario community
Release notes for Version 2020.5.0 - Released January 4, 2021
- You can now record your video call and save it within the app for future reference. Why say it twice, when you can record it once
- We fixed some bugs we found along the way
- Your call with start even faster thanks to some performance optimizations
Getting started on a Windows/Mac computer (recommended):
Install “RealWear Explorer” from RealWear.com onto your Windows/Mac computer.
Follow instructions here:
2. Install Chrome on your RealWear headset.
a. On your PC, download the Chrome APK file from https://www.ario.com/realwear
b. Connect your RealWear headset to your computer. Install the Chrome APK file by dragging the downloaded file to “Drag and Drop APKs Here” in RealWear Explorer.3. Install Ario Connect on your RealWear headset.
a. On your PC, download the Ario Connect APK file from https://www.ario.com/realwear
b. Connect your RealWear headset to your computer. Install the Ario Connect APK file by dragging the downloaded file to “Drag and Drop APKs Here” in RealWear Explorer.
How to update the Ario Connect app without RealWear Explorer (Requires the Chrome app to be installed on your RealWear headset):
1. On your RealWear headset, open the installed Chrome app and navigate to https://ario.com/realwear.
a. Typing the URL may be facilitated by using the “RealWear Companion” app on your mobile device (available on the App Store
and Google Play Store
b. Alternatively, select the address bar, dictate “scan code” and scan the QR code below.
2. Dictate “page down” to see the download options.
3. Select the “Download Ario Connect APK” button.
4. Allow Chrome to access files on the device.
5. Accept the message prompt stating that this type of file may harm your computer. Only download APK files from trusted sources.
6. Wait for the file to download then open the Ario Connect APK. When opening the APK at this step, you may find it helpful to say “show help,” then “hide help” when done to reveal the accessibility numbers. Select the number corresponding to the APK.
7. Allow Chrome to "Install unknown apps."
a. Select “Settings.”
b. Select “Allow from this source.”
8. Dictate “navigate back.”
9. Select “Install” to complete the installation of the Ario Connect APK. Then, select “Open” to open the Ario Connect app.